If you're into gut health, your fridge is probably locked and loaded with veggies, fruits, and lots of fermented foods. Fermented foods are especially unique in that they support our microbiome with prebiotics, probiotics AND post-biotics, so they’re kind of like superfoods for the gut. What you might NOT have in there are other natural foods that can supercharge fermentation’s function on the body. Here’s a breakdown of 6 ingredients to keep you feeling your best:
IF YOUR SKIN IS DULL OR YOUR HAIR IS CRACKLING, TRY:
- Also known as vitamin H or B-7, Biotin is a B-complex vitamin that earns celebrity status for supporting healthy and strong skin, hair, and nails.
- Research shows that biotin improves hair health — boosting both shine and volume – and helps improve skin’s hydration and appearance.
- Bamboo extract is the richest source of natural silica, which our body relies on to make collagen in skin, bones, and hair. Bamboo extract also happens to be one of the only vegan forms of silica.
- Though it is an essential nutrient, it is estimated that most people don’t get enough silica in their diet
- Supplementing with silica has been linked to revitalized skin, hair, and nails in several studies.
The Tea: If your skin or hair is feeling lack-luster, try Strawberry Glow Kombucha to give your beauty routine a vegan boost. Each bottle is enhanced with probiotics, silica, and biotin to support your outer glow from within.
IF YOU'RE COMING DOWN WITH SOMETHING, TRY:
Zinc and Vitamin C:
- These two hotshots are potent antioxidants that your immune cells simply can’t function without.
- Deficiency has been linked to reduced ability to fight infection and heal wounds
Supplementation within 24 hours of feeling sick significantly reduced the duration and severity of the common cold, especially in athletes.
Cold-pressed ginger juice:
- Another powerful antioxidant rich in gingerol, paradol, sesquiterpenes, shogaol, and zingerone – ALL very strong anti-inflammatory agents.
In studies has proven to contain anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and immune-strengthening properties.
The Tea: If you’re feeling like you might be coming down with something, grab a bottle of Citrus Immune Boost Kombucha! This quadruple threat packs probiotics, zinc, vitamin C, and ginger to support your inner fighter.
FOR A LITTLE HELP WITH AN UPSET TUMMY, TRY:
- Probiotics support a diverse microbiome and a diverse microbiome supports a healthy gut.
Research shows that probiotic supplementation drives abundance of good bacteria in our microbiome, resulting in benefits in many areas of health, including digestion.
Cold-pressed ginger juice:
The Tea: If you’ve over-indulged or your stomach is feeling out of sorts, give Ginger Pineapple Belly Reset Kombucha a try! Infused with fermented kombucha, ginger, and 6 BILLION probiotics, it’s sure to bring your healthy belly rhythm back.
BREWING IT ALL TOGETHER
To summarize, a diverse gut microbiome makes a huge difference when it comes to overall health, but sometimes our bodies need a little extra support. That’s why we developed Health-Ade’s Glow Up line – three kombucha flavors boosted with additional functional ingredients! So whether your belly is feeling off, you’re fighting a cold, or your hair and skin are a little dull, sip your way back to the happiest, healthiest you!
Today’s blog is written by our very own Daina Trout, MS, MPH