Pomegranates are loaded with antioxidants that have been linked to such as benefits as: preventing acne and sun damage. But let’s be real here—I hardly ever eat raw pomegranates because they’re just so darn difficult to cut! Since the fermented tea that is kombucha contains probiotics and small amounts of caffeine (that can help to firm up your face) I thought this would be a perfect addition to my nightly face mask routine. I also added matcha green tea for an extra boost of caffeine to attack those wrinkles and fine lines, all while minimizing pore size.
My latest fascination is using vitamin C on my skin. Vitamin C neutralizes free radicals from pollution and sun exposure. It also helps stimulate collagen production which helps hold cells together and strengthen skin. French Green clay is a powerhouse in helping rid the body of toxins and even out skin tone.
This mask recipe is so stimulating, you can literally feel it tightening on your face as it dries. When you wash it off, your face might be red for a few minutes. This is totally normal and okay! It just means your circulation is hard at work. I’ve been doing this mask 2-3 times a week and my face has never felt tighter and smoother. Read on for the full recipe and enjoy!
POMEGRANATE KOMBUCHA + MATCHA FACE MASK
- 2 Tbsp French Green Clay (I get mine from Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea (I use the Daily Matcha from Mizuba Tea Co.)
- ½ tsp Vitamin C Powder (I use this one)
- Enough Pomegranate Health-Ade Kombucha to make paste
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add enough kombucha to make paste. Stir with a non-metal spoon.
- Apply mask to face (don’t forget your neck, eyelids, and other areas that often get neglected).
- Wash off when mask starts to dry and harden.
- Moisturize with oil of your choice.