Apple Crumble Bars with Kombucha Caramel
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
4oz + 2 tbs Vegan Butter
2 cups Gluten-Free, All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbs Coconut Sugar
5 small Apples or 3 cups diced granny smith apples
½ c Coconut Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbs Vegan Butter, cold and cut into cubes
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
½ cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
3 tablespoons avocado oil
1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
3 Tbs Health-Ade Kombucha Holiday Cheers
2tbs Vegan Butter
- Place all crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a dough ball forms.
- Press the dough into a parchment lined 8x8 baking pan. Bake on 350 for 15 minutes (crust will bake again)
- In a pan on medium heat, add 1 tbs vegan butter, apples, cinnamon, and coconut sugar. Cook on medium low until apples are soft and a ‘caramel’ has formed in the pan (about 25 minutes)
- Pour the apple mixture over the pre-baked crust and set aside
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- In a small saucepan on medium heat - add sugar, kombucha and vegan butter. Stir until everything is dissolved
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to medium low for 10 minutes or until thickened.
*caramel will also thicken up in the fridge*.
- Drizzle over cooled apple bars