There are a lot of ways to describe kombucha. While versatile might not necessarily be the first that comes to mind, it’s always fun to find unique ways to incorporate this bubbly probiotic tea into various recipes. With that, we teamed up with Ashley Cuoco of Cucoco Contento to create a Holiday Cheers-infused mocktail.
The holidays are officially here, and there’s certainly A LOT going on. From office holiday parties to family gatherings, it’s the perfect month to celebrate, enjoy and (dare we say) indulge.
This recipe for a Holiday Cheers Sangria might just be a holiday miracle. it’s not only delicious, it’s also equally pleasing to the eye AND it’s alcohol-free! Kombucha’s natural effervescence and tart taste make it the perfect base for a traditional cocktail recipe, such as a sangria. Here Ashley skipped on the wine, instead infusing the base with cranberries & pomegranate juice.
HOLIDAY CHEERS SANGRIA MOCKTAIL
Original recipe by Ashley Cuoco
Servings: 10-12 | Active time: 15 minutes; Total time: 1 Hour 15 minutes
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Braeburn apple, thinly sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 bottles (1 pint each) Health-Ade Holiday Cheers
- 4 cups pomegranate juice
- 4 cups ginger ale
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- 10 oz frozen cranberries plus more for skewering
- 1/2 cup sugar for coating cranberries and rosemary
- Combine apples, pear, pomegranate seeds and 2 sprigs rosemary in a large punch bowl. Pour in Health-Ade Holiday Cheers, ginger ale and pomegranate juice. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- To serve, add frozen cranberries. Ladle sangria into glasses (get some of that good fruit in there!)
- Cut the remaining rosemary sprigs into 3” pieces. Dip each sprig into simple syrup and roll in sugar to coat. Dip extra cranberries into simple syrup and roll in sugar to coat. Skewer 3-4 cranberries per drink and rest on top of each glass.
- Garnish drinks with sugared cranberries and rosemary; serve cold.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?What is Kombucha? Health-Ade's Blog Posts