Location: Torrance, CA
Fast growing beverage company located in Torrance, CA is seeking an experienced controller to direct the general and cost accounting activities, generate management reports and maintain tax reporting. Reporting to the Vice-President of Finance & Operations, this is a key financial role that needs to expand to match the financial information demands of the company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, analyze and prepare financial data, reports and financial statements that are accurate, consistent and timely.
- Manage the routine (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) processing activities typically associated with accounting and cost accounting in a manufacturing environment. Oversee A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, cash management, general ledger, payroll (third-party service), tax submissions, and financial reporting,
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist budget and forecasting activities and variance analyses.
- Monitor and analyze department work flow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources
- Respond to inquiries from the CEO and COO regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards and manages company assets and provides for the integrity of financial transactions and activities
- Credit checks for new customers and manage the credit extended to existing customers.
- Manage Year-End Closing, quarterly physical inventories, the annual audit, bank covenants, and Capex submissions.
- Maintain an on-going review of product cost with a view to identifying savings in fixed and operating costs and/or securing process and productivity improvements.
Basic characteristics for success in this role include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Creative, aligned with brand
- Accountable, reliable, honest
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Willing, eager, tenacious, self-motivated
- Passionate, positive, flexible
Basic characteristics for success in this role must be aligned to the corporate values of the organization showing:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting required. While not required, consideration will be given to CPA / CMA / MBA.
- Minimum 6 years of financial management experience with increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment. Food or beverage industry experience highly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of Supervisory experience in the accounting/financial reporting areas.
- Solid understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial math (NPV, IRR, etc.).
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables and VLookup experience.
- Quickbooks and ERP system use. Fishbowl software experience preferred. Previous ERP implementation experience highly preferred.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive accurate and timely positive results in a complex environment.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Act as a business partner; seeing the big picture and work through ambiguity and change.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Proactive attitude with an attention to details. Applied analytical thinking.
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Strong experience developing staff. Sets clear and fair targets for direct reports.