Location: NorCal, CA (EastBay)
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining relationships with accounts in the Northern California-East Bay area. This role is accountable for driving sales while translating Health-Ade’s philosophy and objectives. This position essentially sells Health-Ade products to retail food stores, wholesale grocers, restaurants, hotels, or institutions by performing the following duties.
Roles and Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features when necessary.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Attends trade shows.
- Exceed sales goals and performance metrics
- Participates in overall sales strategy and execution for sale of Health-Ade Kombucha
- Uphold the brand integrity always
- Establish and maximize brand presence in all selling opportunities
- Maximize sales at current accounts using key marketing resources and retail execution at store level.
- Open new accounts in line with brand directives
- Void management throughout territory
- Establish relationships with store/retail managers
- Maximize the POS exposure in each account
- Set up and participate in in-store promotions, demos, and special events with the field marketing team
- Prepare timely paperwork in a neat, legible, and professional manner
- Keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts
- Look at territory with entrepreneurial eyes to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and activations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Impact & Influence – Pursues and wins support for ideas; displays ability to influence key decision-makers; achieves win-win outcomes; uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals; addresses divergent opinions.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Character requirements for success at Health-Ade
- Live a healthy lifestyle to represent the Health-Ade brand
- Willingness and openness to receive constructive feedback positively
- Dynamic communicator, engaging and persuasive public speaker/presenter
- Entrepreneurial and adaptable to changing environments
- Self-motivated and team-spirited
- Strategic, intellectually curious, innovative and resourceful
Success in this role will require alignment to the corporate values of the organization showing:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
Requires a bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in the field. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Position involves regular travel in the LA area.APPLY NOW