The following is a guest post by Micaela Hoo, a blogger, photographer, and graphic designer who loves color, crunchy apples, summertime, and self-care. You can find Micaela's blog here.
I’m a huge proponent of the idea that outer order equals inner calm.
I’m (generally) an organized person who (generally) keeps an organized house (most of the time), but one thing I cannot compromise on is my workspace. Just like I can’t concentrate when I have a million things on my mind, I get serious anxiety trying to work with a cluttered desk.
Here are a few tips on how I organize my desk space for optimal efficiency.
- Have a notepad handy to jot down notes.
- Get a planner to write down important events, reminders, and to-dos (if you’re an analog gal like me!). To say my entire life changed when I got a planner is not an exaggeration. I used to keep loose notes that would scatter themselves around my house and sometimes get lost. Now, I have one convenient place to record anything important that I need to remember.
- Use baskets to store small tech gear like hard drives and loose cords.
- Keep reading material in case you need to take a break from work.
- Get a cable management box. I got this one from Amazon. It not only hides your cords, but prevents your cords from getting tangled.
- Keep yourself refreshed throughout your workday with Health-Ade’s newest Beet-Lime flavor. I love the grounding element of the beet combined with the energizing zest of the lime.
- Lastly, do a quick cleanup at the end of your workday. This includes recycling paper clutter, getting rid of leftover food, and tidying up pens, notebooks, and any other items you may have on your desk. When you return the next day to a clean desk, you’ll feel rejuvenated and ready to get to work.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.