There is nothing quite like a mocktail that tastes as good as it looks. Enter our new favorite- the Beet-Lime Sunrise Mocktail.
We tapped our friend, recipe developer Ashley Cuoco, to create a delicious (and beautiful!) recipe with our Beet-Lime flavor. This flavor combines the tart twist of lime with the earthy finish of beets for a combination that is truly delicious.
Ashley tapped into the natural flavors to create this recipe, incorporating fresh beet juice and natural orange juice. The result? A layered mocktail (sans alcohol) that looks beautiful and makes you feel good! That’s a win-win in our book.
If you happen to make this recipe, let us know! We always love hearing feedback and can’t wait to see more ways you all enjoy your Beet-Lime Health-Ade.
Read on for the full Beet-Lime Sunrise Mocktail recipe...
Beet-Lime Sunrise Mocktail
- 2 large beets, skin on, chopped into 1/2” - 3/4” pieces
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups Health-Ade Beet-Lime
- 4 Tbsp grenadine
- 2 cups all-natural orange juice (no sugar added)
- Ice cubes
- 4 lime zest curls garnish (from 1 lime)
- To make beet juice, add chopped beet and water to a high-powered blender and blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute. Strain juice through a fine-mesh strainer, discarding solids.
- Bring beet juice to a boil over medium heat. Let juice reduce until it thickens, about 10 minutes. Strain once more through a fine-mesh strainer, discarding solids. Let cool.
- To make zest curls, slice 4 wheels off the thickest part of the lime. On a cutting board, make a cut in the center and unravel wheel until almost straight. Use a paring knife to remove the pulp from the rind. Twist the rind ribbon around your finger to form the curl. Wind tightly to hold shape.
- Distribute ice between 4 glasses. To each glass add 1 Tbsp beet juice and 1 Tbsp grenadine. Follow with 1/3 cup Beet-Lime kombucha. Lastly, top with 1/3 – 1/2 cup orange juice. *Add orange juice gradually—beet juice, kombucha and grenadine will sink to the bottom, leaving the orange juice on top. Serve with a lime curl.
*Depending on the order in which you add kombucha, grenadine, orange juice and beet juice the color layering will differ. Experiment with different variations!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.