A hint of sweet, tart and bubbly: we’re sharing a kombucha mocktail recipe that’s the perfect combination of flavor profiles to make your tastebuds dance! This recipe incorporates one of our unique Super-Tea kombucha flavors: Sweet Thorn. This exotic combination of hawthorn berry, mangosteen, and pink rose makes for a delicious drink mixer… whether it’s a cocktail or mocktail.
The other unique element from this recipe is the blackberry hibiscus shrub. For those of you who might be unfamiliar with this drink term, a shrub is a syrup that combines sugar, fruit and vinegar. The result delivers a meld of flavors that can stand on its own or be added to your favorite mixed drink.
The best news? This mocktail recipe is fairly simple to make. Whip up a batch for your next dinner party or girls night… the taste is sure to impress your guests! Read on for the full recipe.
Blackberry Hibiscus Kombucha Shrub
Original recipe by Denisse Salinas
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Sweet Thorn Kombucha
- Blend the hibiscus flowers and sugar together in a food processor until very fine.
- Mash fresh blackberries with hibiscus sugar in a jar. Let sit for 15 minutes, then stir in vinegar. Cover and steep in the refrigerator for at least 1 day. Strain out solids and store shrub syrup in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add 1 ounce blackberry hibiscus shrub syrup to a glass filled with ice. Top with Health-Ade Sweet Thorn Kombucha and stir to combine.