Implements purchasing and logistics strategies, issues PO’s, maintains inventory safety stock tracking, works with vendors to reduce costs, tracks performance, and assists in selection of new potential vendors. This position will report to the Senior Buyer in Torrance, California. This position has a strong service component supporting Marketing/Sales/Admin departments, so this person must be able to work with their assigned counterparts in to obtain equipment, storage, and other items necessary for events and other activities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles purchasing needs for various vendors utilized by the sales and marketing departments.
- Acts as the primary point person to work with assigned vendors for tracking and expediting the status of any of those orders to meet he required delivery schedule
- Proactively maintains inventories for sales and marketing materials.
- Facilitates Sales and Marketing purchasing activities in support of their events
- Assists in forecasting costs to provide data for the sales and marketing budgeting process.
- Verifies materials are received, confirms quantity and quality match to the invoice and takes corrective action with vendors as needed
- Produces supplemental reports as requested by their supervisor, the Senior Buyer
- Maintains files on contracts, leases, compliance documentation and tax info for various cities/locales.
- Assists Sales, Marketing, and Admin identifying purchasing requirements, defining specifications, searching for sources/referrals, and assisting in the negotiation of agreements.
- Enforces approved purchasing procedures
- Assists the Senior Buyer as needed
- Provides analytical evaluations regarding requirements and pricing options
- Basic characteristics for success in this role include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Accountable, reliable, honest
- Creative, aligned with brand
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Willing, eager, tenacious, self-motivated
- Passionate, positive, flexible
- Focused on service, follow-up, and urgency.
- Success in this role will require alignment to the corporate values of the organization showing:
- At least 2 years’ experience in purchasing or sourcing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiar with various disciplines of Purchasing/Buyer concepts, practices, and procedures
- ERP experience, with preference to those with ERP implementation experience
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude to create solutions for the services they provide
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing with both internal customers and external vendors.
- Ability to negotiate pricing, delivery, and overall relations with vendors for the best interest of the company
- Intermediate Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.