Fast growing beverage company located in Torrance, CA is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to plan and direct corporate accounting activities. This position will report to the Vice President, Finance & Operations and have an initial staff of three accounting professionals in A/P and A/R.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to accounting management, budget reporting, cost accounting and contractor payroll.
- Participates in the preparation of all financial statements and reports.
- Manages the installation and maintenance of accounting processes and records.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, product cost, operating expenses, and balance sheet sub-ledgers.
- Participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Works collaboratively with Financial Analysis to prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Direct internal audits to review accounting and administrative controls.
- Establishes system controls of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Reviews financial statements with the Executive Team.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls including involvement with the selection of a new ERP system.
- Manages taxes, leases, and accruals for corporate accounting.
Basic characteristics for success in this role include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Accountable, reliable, honest
- Creative, aligned with brand
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Willing, eager, tenacious, self-motivated
- Passionate, positive, flexible
Basic characteristics for success in this role must be aligned to the corporate values of the organization showing:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting required. While not required, consideration will be given to CPA / CMA / MBA.
- Minimum 3 years of financial management experience with increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment. Food or beverage industry experience highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Supervisory experience in the accounting reporting areas.
- Solid understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial math (NPV, IRR, etc.).
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables and VLookup experience.
- Experience with Quickbooks and ERP systems. Fishbowl software experience preferred. Previous ERP implementation experience highly preferred.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive accurate and timely results in a complex and entrepreneurial environment.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Act as a business partner to all other business units; help others to see the “big picture”, take leadership in reducing ambiguity and positively implement needed changes.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and internal/external customer service skills required.
- Proactive attitude with an attention to details.
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Strong experience developing staff as a leader. Able to set clear and fair objectives for direct reports in accounting.